Tuesday 3 July 2012

Tiina Heiska - Waiting Room

 So I had a birthday recently, of the round number variety, so to mark the occasion I asked all potential gift buyers to chip in so I could buy a nice painting.
 After a few months of searching I settled on Finnish artist Tiina Heiska. I has seen some works from her Patent Shoes series a number of years ago and they really stayed with me.
 Her painting has a lovely film like quality to it (she works from photographs she has staged and taken of herself). Brilliant economy of brushstroke.
 Waiting Room is a new painting from a potential new series. It was shipped in from Finland for us by Rollo Contemporary art, many thanks to Philippa Found for getting it for us on our tight budget.

The back is nearly as pretty as the front!

No comments:

Post a Comment